APPLICATION FOR THE 2022-2023 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.
Interested in getting updates regarding VITA? Click below.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a three quarter-long internship that begins with training workshops in November and tax preparations ending in April. Interns who complete the requirements of the program are eligible for Transcript Notation. Please be sure of your availability for Fall and Winter Quarter if accepted into the program. All majors are welcome to apply! Application have closed on Friday, October 21, 2022 at 11:59pm.
- Pass the online basic/advanced tax certification exams with the IRS
- Score 80% or higher on all exams
- Interns must complete 40 hours from:
- Training Workshops (must attend at least 2 out of 3 workshops)
- Mandatory Workshop 4
- Mandatory Refresher
- 2 Training Simulations
- Tax Sites
- File 10 tax returns throughout the tax season